Here at TeenBuzz Animal Month, we want to make sure your own pets get the spotlight too. Made with pumpkin, bananas, oats and love, we bring you a fantastic simple homemade vegan treat for your walking-on-four member of the family. A great thing about the following recipe is that it’s suitable for both dogs and cats!
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
2 ripe bananas
3 1/4 cups of unbaked oats
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a baking sheet.
2. In a food processor, blend oats to a fine powder. Then, scoop out a little bit to flour a kneading surface on your counter.
3. In a large bowl, mash bananas together with pumpkin until a paste form. Pour in the remaining oat flour and stir.
4. Move your dough onto the oat-floured surface and knead until all of the flour is incorporated. Roll out your dough until it’s about 1/4 inch thick and cut out treats in whatever shape you like. Repeat as needed until you have used up all of the dough.
5. Bake the treats for 8-10 minutes, then allow them to fully cool.
The best part about making food at home is the control you have over what goes into the recipe. This, of course, goes for human food as well as pet treats.
These treats are an excellent option for a pet-friendly gift too! Enjoy seeing your furry friend delighted to receive his new tasty & healthy snack. Send us pictures so we can enjoy that too J
If you want to know how to make vegan-friendly changes in your life, check out Best Guidelines for Going Vegan!
This was written by TeenBuzz blogger Hanny, the most adventurous member of our TeenBuzz radio team. She loves traveling as much as she can to experience and learn about different cultures, food, scenery and most of all – the people.