Tasty and filling. This week’s easy fried rice recipe is a great addition to any meal.
Terrific Thai Pineapple Fried Rice
2 tablespoons coconut oil
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 green onions, chopped
½ cup frozen green peas, thawed (40g)
¼ cup raisins, soaked in hot water
1 cup pineapple pieces (140g)
¼-1 teaspoon of red chilli flakes (mild-hot)
2 cups rice, steamed (200g)
2-3 tablespoons soya sauce or tamari
½ cup cashew nuts, toasted (36g)
Optional: Tofu, extra firm (350g)
- Steam the rice according to directions.
- Heat the oil in a wok and sauté garlic briefly until fragrant.
- Add the green onions, peas and raisins. Stir fry on medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, toss well on medium high for another 2 minutes.
- Garnish with toasted cashews.
Optional: If adding baked tofu, preheat the oven to 180 C. Rinse the tofu and press it dry with paper towels. Cut the tofu into 2-3 cm cubes and place them in a single layer on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 20-30 minutes until golden, tossing every 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and add to the fried rice. Toss to combine.
This great recipe comes from Helen Doron’s Healthy & Delicious cookbook.