An Omega-3 rich granola bar that is simple to make! Nuts, dried fruits, tahini and more combine in this crunchy treat you can enjoy any time.
Fabulous Flax Seed Granola Bars
1 ⅔ cups rolled oats (165g)
⅓ cup wholemeal flour (50g)
½ cup brown sugar (90g)
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ cup flax seeds (40g)
½ cup almonds or walnuts, finely
¾ cup dried fruits, such as cranberries,
raisins, chopped apricots, etc. (90g)
⅓ cup raw tahini (80ml)
¼ cup silan (date honey; 60ml)
¼ cup melted coconut oil (60ml)
1-2 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 180˚C.
- Lightly grease a 28 x 18 cm baking pan and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, flour, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, flax seeds, nuts and dried fruits.
- In a separate bowl, mix the tahini, date honey, melted coconut oil and water.
- Add the liquids to the dry ingredients and fold together until evenly coated.
- Spread the mixture in the prepared pan and press it down firmly.
- Bake at 180˚C for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Allow the bars to cool completely.
- Cut into 12 slices and serve.
This great recipe comes from Helen Doron’s Healthy & Delicious cookbook.