Sport can teach people about courage, discipline, commitment, and humility. A great athlete is not someone who buys $400-worth of sports equipment or $300 shoes; it’s someone with a certain state of mind. That’s what John O’Sullivan, author of “Changing the Game”, believes. His #1 bestselling youth sports book is on how to be happy AND a high-performing athlete.
The book outlines the 7 C’s of the mindset of a happy, high-performing athlete. If that is what you are aiming for, I’ll save you time by summarizing all of them here:
1. Common Sense: See the Big Picture, and remember why you are playing sports in the first place.
2. Conditions: Have a physically and emotionally safe environment.
3. Communication: Talk with your parents about what you need and what you are going through.
4. Control: Set goals for yourself.
5. Competence: Take part in different things that will help you achieve the ability to play successfully and efficiently.
6. Confidence: Believe in yourself.
7. Caring: Whether you win or lose, know that you have unconditional love from your family and friends.
What do you think about this? Which “C” do you relate to the most? Let us know!
If you want to know how your favorite stars stay fit and healthy, check out Celebrity Workout Secrets!
This was written by TeenBuzz blogger Hanny, the most adventurous member of our TeenBuzz radio team. She loves traveling as much as she can to experience and learn about different cultures, food, scenery and most of all – the people.